Regulatory Compliance Services
We provide a wide range of federal and state regulatory compliance services for financial institutions nationwide.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and Federal Trade Commission Rules
- Policies, Procedures and Manuals
- Compliance Management Systems and Programs
- CFPB and State Examination and Audit Preparation
- Compliance Monitoring and Quality Control Systems
- Consumer Protection Law Expertise and Guidance
- Truth in Lending Act and Regulation Z
- Ability to Repay (ATR Rule)
- Qualified Mortgage (QM Rule)
- Loan Originator Compensation Rule
- TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures
- Fair Lending and Disparate Impact
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA) and Regulation B
- Fair Housing Act
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) and Regulation X
- Section 8
- Affiliated Business Arrangements
- Marketing Services Arrangements
- Desk Rental Arrangements
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA) and
- Identity Theft Red Flags Rule
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Right to Financial Privacy Act
- Privacy Laws
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
- State Privacy and Data Breach Laws
- CAN-SPAM Act (Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography And Marketing Act of 2003)
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Do Not Call Implementation Act and
- Do Not Call Registry
- Truth in Caller ID Act
RAV Attorneys on Demand Program
A Legal and Compliance Support Plan Tailored to Meet Your Needs
RAV is offering legal and compliance services tailored to fit your needs. The mortgage industry is facing its biggest compliance challenges ever, along with much more aggressive enforcement of laws and regulations by federal and state agencies. It has become especially difficult to meet these challenges without having your own legal team dedicated to your needs. That is why RAV is offering affordable legal services to help you navigate the issues you face. By signing up for the unique RAV Attorneys on Demand program and paying an affordable annual retainer fee, you’ll receive access to RAV's team of experienced residential mortgage lending attorneys for all of your routine legal and compliance needs throughout the year.
What does RAV mean by routine legal and compliance needs? It means RAV will give you timely consultation and advice regarding the routine and day to day general legal and compliance issues that your Company may encounter. This includes legal questions, reviews and guidance on issues that arise in the day to day operation of your company. For issues and projects that require significant review and drafting, representing you before government agencies, or extensive staff training, the firm will advise you upfront and give you an estimate of the overall anticipated fees before work commences.
The RAV Attorneys on Demand program will also receive the benefit of webinar-based training sessions on timely legal and regulatory topics in which your employees may participate. Electronic versions of written training materials will be provided and questions submitted by email in advance and during the webinar sessions will be answered prior to completion of each webinar. Certificates of Participation will be issued, upon request, to all employees who attend a training session. Documenting the training of your employees is an important part of establishing your credibility with your investors, warehouse lenders, and the agencies that may audit your operations. We understand courses required for licensing are mandatory, but our goal is to not only provide the answers but make recommendations about best practices with a focus on your size, your goals and specific issues related to your operations.
The specifics of the RAV Attorneys on Demand program are spelled out in detail in the form of a retainer agreement. That agreement provides a description of what services fall within and outside the scope of the program but RAV will be more than happy to answer any specific questions you have, now or during the term of the agreement.
In order to ensure RAV has adequate resources available at all times to meet your needs, RAV will be limiting the number of participants it enrolls. Secure your spot today by contacting Stephen Bertrand at or 800-343-7160. Every good company should have RAV Attorneys on Demand.
Tom King Leads Our Regulatory Compliance Services Team
Thomas (Tom) King is an attorney with Robertson Anschutz Vetters. His practice is focused on federal financial services-related regulatory and compliance-related issues. He advises small and medium-sized mortgage and consumer lenders and servicers on a broad variety of topics including, among others, implementation of Dodd-Frank Act requirements, compliance program development and management, examination preparation, employee regulatory compliance training, general counseling, transactional work and loan level advice. Read more about Tom’s background here.